Braxton. Charley. Brady.

Braxton. Charley. Brady.
My Joy

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Beating the Odds

My first year at Bethel is coming to a close and I am so proud of myself and all the family members and friends that have supported me on this journey. It has been one heck of a journey. For me it wasn't just about doing school, it was managing to do it all. I am a wife, a mother, a tech, and now a student and lets be honest all those things take up a lot of time and energy. I know I have said this before, but before I had Braxton I had no desire in my life and never thought for a second I was capable of being more. That was my first problem, I didn't think I was capable. As I sit here writing this all I can think about is how far I have come. Have I made mistakes..Of course, but through those mistakes I have grown and refused to quit. I was 20 years old when I got pregnant and my whole life changed. I grew into the woman I was suppose to be. I let go of everything that was holding me down. I always thought I wasn't able to be what I wanted. When my handsome son was in my arms I woke up and realized NOTHING is stopping me, but myself. My son deserved the world and I was going to stop the excuses and move forward. I wasn't a teen mom, but I was close to it. A lot of teen mothers never finish school and I knew from the beginning I was going to beat those odds. I want to make a difference in this world. I want to be a nurse. I want to make my son proud of me. I also want him to know anything is possible when you put your mind to it. I am writing all this because I never want to forget this. I never want to forget the life I could have had and the life I am choosing to have. I work hard and I wont stop. I will beat the odds. All I can thank is God. Seriously it has been a hell of a year and yet he still has me pushing forward. Even when I want to stop he wont let me. Nursing school here I come. I hope you are ready for Mrs. Ashley Bontrager..because without a doubt I am ready for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment