Braxton. Charley. Brady.

Braxton. Charley. Brady.
My Joy

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Awesome Big Brother!



Yesterday Braxton and I went to his Super Sibling Class at Memorial Hospital. It was a one time class that a co-worker told me about and I am soo glad we went. In the beginning the teacher, Miss Judy, sat around with the kids on the floor and told them all about babies. It was very informative and hands on, perfect for the kids. However, I learned that my son LOVES the sound of his voice. Since we have read a lot of books about babies and I have tried very hard to prepare him he immediatley tried to answer all the questions. That wasn't the only thing he did, he always tried to add stories in there as well. He for sure wasn't shy at all and I feel kind of bad because he talked so much the other kids just had no choice but to listen to him. He also made sure he was as close to the teacher as possible..what a teacher's pet. He must get this from Conrad because when I was a kid I was VERY shy..not Braxton. I actually got a little anxious that he was going to share stories I didn't want him to share, but lucikly he kept everything clean. He did mention that changing diapers was disgusting and he would have no part in that. He atleast got everyone to laugh. We went on a tour of the child birth unit and Braxton got to see where I will have the baby and where I will go once the baby is born. He was really intrigued by it all. He also got to see the special button he will get to press when the baby is here that sends out a little song throughout the hospital to let everyone know a baby has been born. One of my favortie things about the class is Braxton decorated a picture frame with his picture in it that the nurses will place in the new baby's bed when it is born so that the baby will know that Braxton is the big brother. Super Cute and Braxton was very excited about this. Another favortie time was when the teacher taught the kids the proper way to hold babies. As I watched Braxton holding the baby I saw him kissing the baby's head multiple times and singing to it. Honestly it made me want to cry with happiness. He is such a loving child and I know he is going to be an amazing brother:). Lastly, at the end of class the teacher told the kids a "secret," that when the baby is born the siblings get to go to the gift shop and bring mommy a flower. Whats so cute is Braxton keeps telling me he has a huge surprise for me when the baby comes. It is really awesome how excited he is. This class was great and I recommned it highly!

Now we wait till the little bundle of joy is here. I am 29 weeks and ready for it to be here. I know it is going to fly by:).

No comments:

Post a Comment