Braxton. Charley. Brady.

Braxton. Charley. Brady.
My Joy

Friday, February 25, 2011

A call no one wants to recieve..

So yesterday I was working at the hospital and I got a phone call that no person ever wants. The second I answered the phone I could hear the shakiness in my husband's voice. He told me he had been in an accident. My whole body went numb. All I could think about was are my boys ok. Conrad was ok and luckily Braxton wasn't in the car with him because Conrad had just dropped him off at school. Conrad just kept apologizing over and over again because the car was ruined. That was the last thing on my mind. All I wanted was to get to Conrad as soon as possible. When I saw the car and then looked at Conrad I had no clue how he walked away with just a little scratch on his wrist. I also couldn't help but look at the back window that was completely gone and think of what could have happened if Braxton was in the back seat. Just that thought alone made me break down. I am so grateful that he wasn't and that Conrad was safe.

Once I picked up Conrad he refused to go to the hospital because he said he felt absolutely fine, but I wanted to make sure so I stayed with him for a little bit (yes I am that nervous wife). All he wanted to do was get back to work. I am telling you an auditor in busy season is no joke. All the man does is work. Anyways we sat and talked for a while and he explained how the accident happened. He told me that he slide on black ice and he tried very hard to get control, but once he knew it wasn't going to happen he knew he was headed for an accident. He said he let go of the wheel and just tried to relax his body saying God whatever happens next is completely in your hands. Once he hit the car rolled over and he said his adrenaline was going crazy. Once the car stopped he just sat there for a while. There was no reason for Conrad to walk away with nothing. He knows that God wrapped his arms around him during his accident and it gives me chills just to think about it. After I dropped Conrad off at work I went back to work and seeing all of my sick patients and people that have come in from car accidents I couldn't help but think this could be my husband in here. We are just soo lucky.

Whats so interesting about this whole thing is Conrad and I were arguing the night before this happened. Nothing major just more on each others nerves and when I got that call it just put me back in my place. Life is so precious and short so remember to tell the ones you love how much you really love them and forget about the small stuff. I have some amazing people in my life and I never want to take them for granted.

God always takes care of us and yesterday I truly believe he was in that car with my husband. I cannot thank him enough for protecting him and my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment