Braxton. Charley. Brady.

Braxton. Charley. Brady.
My Joy

Sunday, August 29, 2010

New Journey

On Thursday night my amazing friends and husband had a little get together for me. It was the night before my first day of classes. My friends brought over funny school supplies. A couple of them were a Hannah Montana notebook, Princess folders, and a microphone pen. Ahh they love me don't they? My husband got me a new computer, he is soo wonderful!! I have to thank my wonderful friends for coming over and making me not so nervous for my first day. Thanks Will, Joel, Carl, Emily, Braxton, and of course Conrad.

So Friday I started my first day at Bethel College. I was so nervous that morning, and I couldn't figure out why. I believe it was because I had been out of school for some time, and I just felt like I was going to be so far behind right from the get go. I had the exact same feeling I had the first day of high school. All the new faces, teachers, and subjects. Ahh I was scared. Anyways my first class of the day was exploring the christian faith. I didn't even know what to expect with this class, but for a long time I have been praying to God to help me get closer to him. This class is exactly what I have been praying for. The rest of the day was great and I feel like this is exactly where I am suppose to be. I think this is going to be a great semester, d0n't get me wrong it is going to be a lot of work, but I am actually excited for it.

Since Friday was my first day at school, it was also Braxton's first day at school. The day started rough with Braxton refusing to go to school. He latched on to me and I thought there was no way we were going to get out of the car. Once we got inside he saw all of his friends and it was much easier to leave my side. Thank God for Aunt Jenn being there, she helped me by just taking him away because I would have stayed forever. Braxton had a rough first day with going on the potty. I think it was a different place than home and doing so much occupied him he didn't think or want to stop to go potty. All in all, Ann told me he was her star student for the day so I am happpy!! I am hoping this new routine will be good for Braxton and he will learn a lot from pre-school. Mommy and Daddy will be missing him a lot while he is there.

Conrad starts his new job in two weeks and he is getting really excited. It is nice to see him so determined and excited to go to work. He has already passed his first section of his CPA exam. I am so proud of him I cannot help but smile. He has accomplished so much and I know he is going to do great things.

This is our new journey and I know our family is going to bloom because of it. Excited for what God has in store for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment