Braxton. Charley. Brady.

Braxton. Charley. Brady.
My Joy

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Making My Dream a Reality..

So today has been a horrible day to say the least. I woke up with a cranky kid who has been suffering some funky illness. Today he still had a runny nose, but was ok to go to school. However, my child has been refusing to go and saying he wants to stay home with Mommy. After taking him to school and having to have Ann rip him off me I sat in my car crying. I felt like a horrible mother, the whole mommy guilt just took control over me and I cried for a while driving in my car. I just feel an immense amount of stress right now. I am going to school, trying to be a good mother, and dealing with a traveling husband. Did I also mention we are looking for a new car and a new home. As exciting as those things are they also take a lot of time and work. Time and work that I just don't have right now. Anyways in my car driving to my hair appointment I just let all my extreme sensitivity run through me, every one needs to take that time where you just let the crocodile tears run and that's exactly what I did. As I am driving on the bypass all the sudden my car starts shaking uncontrollably. I pull over and you guessed it I have a flat tire. I just looked in the sky and said really what is your point? I got in my car and just was like I don't even know what to do..where is the restart button on this day because I would love to hit it. However, a wonderful firefighter came to my rescue and changed my tire. God love them. I went to my hair appointment and luckily Kristi, the spunkiest girl ever, put me in a better mood. However, when I left I felt the pressure of getting to my to do list. You know its always back to reality. As I get to the house I check the mailbox and right on top sits a letter to me from Bethel College. All I could think was God could totally make this the best day ever for me. See I applied for the nursing program last week and knew this week I would find out if I got it. When I applied I was told there weren't many spots left so I was just praying all my hard work this semester would pay off. As I was opening the envelope I seriously started shaking. I have wanted to be a nurse for so long and in this envelope read my fate. I opened it and read that I Ashley Bontrager was ACCEPTED into the Nursing Program!!! To say I am happy is an understatement. I am over the moon and this is just the beginning. Nursing school isn't going to be easy, but I feel so blessed that I have made it to this point. Just wait people before you know it I will be Ashley Bontrager, RN:)

No comments:

Post a Comment